Nursing Program Enrollment Requirements
Prior to applying for acceptance into the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing program an applicant must:
- Meet the general admission requirements as noted in the
Admissions Requirements (General) , and submit an application to Northeast State Community College.
- Be accepted by Northeast State Community College.
- Indicate the associate of applied science degree in Nursing (LPN to RN option) as the desired major on the Northeast State application form.
- Seek advisement from the student’s assigned nursing advisor to establish a program plan of study.
- Complete all required learning support courses prior to applying to the associate of applied science degree nursing program.
- LPN to RN applicants must complete BIOL 2010: Anatomy and Physiology I; ENGL 1010: Composition I; PSYC 1030: General Psychology; and MATH 1530: Probability and Statistics prior to applying to the associate of applied science degree nursing program.
- Achieve a grade of “C” or better in all courses required for the associate of applied science degree nursing program.
- Assure all BIOL courses contain lecture and laboratory components and are obtained within ten years of first semester of NRSG coursework.
- Complete the required entrance test* with a minimum score in each of the following areas: English Language Comprehensive Score, Science Comprehensive Score, and Math. The minimum score is set by the Nursing Division. Completion date of the entrance exam must be within one year of applying to the program.
- Possess a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 after completing a minimum of 12 credit hours of coursework required for the associate of applied science degree nursing program OR possess a minimum ACT score of 23 in each of the following areas: Math, Reading, Science, and English.
- Complete the Nursing Program Application process as described in “Applying to the A.A.S. Nursing Degree Program”. Submission of all requirements must be received by the established deadline date and time as a complete packet.
- Provide documentation to the dean of Nursing that the applicant is, with reasonable accommodation, physically and mentally capable of performing the essential job functions of a registered nurse as outlined in the Core Performance Standards of Admission and Progression adopted by the Tennessee Board of Regents institutions offering nursing programs.
For those applying to the LPN to RN option, documentation of a current, active LPN license must be provided with the nursing application.
*Attend an Information Session in the Nursing Division for information regarding the entrance test required or review