Office of Admissions and Records
Northeast State Community College
P.O. Box 246
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, TN 37617-0246
800.836.7822 (Toll Free)
You may visit the Office of Admissions and Records in person on the Blountville campus, or contact us by email, phone or fax.
The Office of Admissions and Records is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You may check your missing requirements here. You will be notified by mail once you have been admitted to the College.
New Students: You will attend an Orientation session prior to the beginning of your first semester. You will be able to register for classes during the Orientation. Call 423.323.0229 or email
email@example.com to make a reservation for Orientation.
Returning Students: Returning students have the opportunity to register early for classes. If you have not done so already, you should consult your advisor during the week long Advising Period. The Advising Period is followed by the Early Registration Period. You should use
MyNortheast to register for classes (the Spring Advising/Registration Period usually begins in April for the summer and fall semesters, and in November for the spring semester; see semester schedule for dates).
To find out more about the financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to you, please go to the Northeast State
Financial Aid page. For assistance in filing your FAFSA, schedule an appointment with the
Financial Aid Help Center.
here to submit your Northeast State transcript request. Transcripts will not be furnished unless all financial obligations to Northeast State have been satisfied.
Completed requests may also be submitted by fax, scan/email, by U.S. mail or in person.
No charge is assessed for transcripts provided that five (5) or fewer copies are requested at any one time. Additional copies after five (5) will cost $1 each. This charge is payable in the Business Office. Transcripts will not be furnished unless all financial obligations to Northeast State have been satisfied.
A transcript request is normally processed within three (3) business days after receipt of the request. Requests received at the end of a term or during registration periods may take longer to process.
You may access your grades on
MyNortheast shortly after the end of each semester.
Any person who has not been enrolled in a college or university for a period of four years and who, upon re-enrolling at Northeast State, maintains a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) at Northeast State may petition to have grades on all prior coursework disregarded in calculating his/her cumulative GPA. Removal of grades means removal of all credits; however, previously satisfied placement requirements will not be forfeited.
The student should complete the Application for Academic Fresh Start in the Admissions and Records office. When processed, the request will be submitted to the Registrar for approval.
An applicant whose native language is not English must satisfy one of the following prerequisites
- Submit a minimum score of 500 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and take English placement tests.
- Submit a transcript showing graduation from an American high school
- Submit a transcript showing satisfactory completion (a grade of C or higher) of college-level English Composition I from an accredited college or university located in the United States
- Take an English placement examination and/or writing test to be used in determining the courses the student may take.
Students enrolled in degree or certificate programs at Northeast State may obtain advanced standing and course credit as listed in the Northeast State catalog. Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records for complete details.
All applicants are classified as in-state or out-of-state for fee purposes as part of the admission process. The Office of Admissions and Records will notify an applicant who is classified as out-of-state. Please contact the Admissions and Records Office for complete details.
- If you have completed the following items, then you have done everything required in Admissions:
- Complete and submit Application for Admission
- Provide an official high school transcript or official GED or HiSET test results as well as official transcripts from any colleges you have attended
- Provide proof of immunization with two (2) doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine. This applies to all students born after January 1, 1957.
- Provide proof of two (2) doses of the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, administered on or after the first birthday. This applies to all students born after January 1, 1980.
- Submit a completed Northeast State Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Submit ACT/SAT scores taken within the past five (5) years or take the ACCUPLACER® assessment and placement test
- Submit proof of citizenship or lawful presence in the United States (driver’s license)
Degree seeking students applying for admission to Northeast State undergo assessment testing in English, reading, and algebra to ensure that each student is academically prepared to enter his or her chosen field of study. If you have not taken an ACT/SAT in the past five years or do not have
college-level credit in Composition and/or Math then you must take the test. Also, if you have ACT/SAT scores below a certain level it is required you take the test. The test is not timed so students tend to perform better with less pressure.
All addresses are changed within two to three business days. Please resubmit the address change by logging into
MyNortheast. The link is located in the upper left hand corner.
On your Application for Admission you indicated that you had not resided in Tennessee continuously for the past 12 months or accidentally left the question blank. All applicants are classified as in-state or out-of-state for fee purposes as part of the admission process. See the Admissions Office for additional assistance.
Graduation applications can be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office by mail, fax, scan/email, or in person.
Fill out an Application for Readmission
online or in your
MyNortheast. Paper readmits can also be printed from the website and faxed, mailed or scanned/emailed.
2. Click "Student".
3. Click "Registration".
4. Select either "Week at a Glance" or "Student Detail Schedule".