Schedule an Appointment with your Advisor
All students MUST meet with their advisor in order to be cleared for registration for upcoming semesters.
How to prepare for your advisement appointment:
- Login to Degree Works and verify that your major is correct.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor (remember this is required for all students).
- Review your audit and make a list of questions you want to ask your advisor.
- Work on your academic plan and have a draft ready so that you and your advisor can review that and make corrections, if needed, during your advisement appointment.
What to expect from your appointment with your advisor:
- Your advisor will review your Degree Works audit and recommend courses for the upcoming semester.
- Your advisor will review your academic plan and make any changes needed.
- Your advisor will answer questions you have about your degree program and may refer you to additional departments at Northeast State, if needed, in order to ensure that you have access to the information you need for a successful semester.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 helps protect the privacy of student academic records. The intent of the legislation is to protect the rights of students and to ensure the privacy of academic records. However, permission may be granted for others to have access and discuss a student’s academic records.
If you plan to bring a guest to your advising appointment, please make sure a
Third Party Release form has been filled out and on file. Your guest will not be able to attend the appointment if their name is not on the release form.
Click on your advisor’s name from the
directory. This will take you to an Appointments Plus web page where you can create an account, see advisement availability for your advisor, and schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment at a location other than Blountville, scroll to page 9 of the advisor directory and click the location of choice.
Students may also call the Advising Resource Center (ARC) at 423.323.0214 to schedule an appointment with an advisor in the ARC if unable to schedule with their assigned faculty advisor.
Zoom into Advising!
Can't visit one of our locations for an advising appointment? Then use the Zoom app for a video conference with one of our academic advisors in the Advising Resource Center!
It's as easy as 1-2-3!
- Download the Zoom app to your device from your app store or visit
https://zoom.us. It's free!
- Contact the Advising Resource Center at 423.323.0214 to schedule your appointment and receive an email with your individual meeting id.
- On the date/time of your appointment, simply click the link in the email to join the meeting with your advisor!
It's that simple!
Your Appointment Today!
Advising Resource Center Schedule Spring 2017