Make-Up Test Policy
The Testing Center can accommodate any student who is unable to test in the classroom because of an accident, illness, or other excused absence from class. Students must have their instructor's permission before scheduling a test date. The Testing Center can proctor paper-based and computer-based tests. However, the Testing Center cannot:
- Accommodate entire classes except for emergency situations and only with approval from Testing Services,
- Proctor tests for students who wish to raise their grade,
- Retain blank tests on file, or
- Maintain passwords for unassigned tests because each test must be assigned to a student.
The Testing Center is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. No appointments are necessary. Students will be tested as seats become available. Photo ID is required to test.
Appointments are required from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The Testing Center is closed on Thursdays for the HiSET test. Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Testing check-in is in Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. Testing is proctored in the Testing Center, Room C2106.
For more information, please contact Testing Services in Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. Call 423.354.3287 or email testing@NortheastState.edu.
Instructors who would like for a student to complete a paper-based test should:
- Complete the
Make-Up Test Cover Sheet and attach it to each exam for student identification purposes.
- Deliver the form and the exam to Testing Services, Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. When the office is closed, please place the form and test in the drop box and notify Testing Services by sending an email to
- The Testing Center staff will not be responsible for picking up or delivering exams. Unclaimed exams will be destroyed at the end of each semester.
Instructors who would like for a student to complete a computer-based test should:
- Fill out the
Computer Based Test Make-Up Form.
- Submit a separate form for each student authorized to take a computer-based make-up test.
- Submit the form online to Testing Services.
Testing times will be limited to the course time block (no untimed tests or extended time). Students who qualify for extended times should test in the Center for Students with Disabilities.