Financial Aid Help Center
Northeast State’s Financial Aid Help Center assists students in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (
FAFSA) online, as well as providing resource information for additional sources of institutional scholarships and external assistance programs. The Financial Aid Help Center exists to help prospective students who have applied for admission to Northeast State as well as current students who are returning for additional terms. The Center is available to help students begin the FAFSA process and locate information. Appointments for FAFSA assistance are required.
Schedule your appointment now using our online scheduling system.
In order to begin
FAFSA submission, you must determine if you are a dependent or independent student according to FAFSA. Your status will determine the documentation you must bring to your appointment. A student must bring the following 9 items to the appointment:
- Copy of 2014 Tax Returns for the 2015-2016 FAFSA and/or copy of 2015 Tax Returns for 2016-2017 FAFSA. Dependent students must bring student and parent(s) taxes. Independent students must bring student/spouse taxes. Please be prepared to grant permission to the IRS to import your tax information to your FAFSA. If you have not completed your 2015 taxes, you can still submit your 2016-2017 FAFSA.
- Copy of 2014 W2s for the 2015-2016 FAFSA and/or copy of 2015 W2s for the 2016-2017 FAFSA. Dependent students must bring student and parent(s) W2s. Independent students must bring student/spouse W2s. **For questions regarding dependent or independent status, please contact the Financial Aid Help Center**
- List of all untaxed income received in the household, child support received and/or paid, VA disability, worker’s compensation, housing allowances, IRA accounts, etc.
- FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID). If a dependent student, parent must also have a
FSA ID. An FSA ID may also be obtained during the appointment.
- Social Security card.
- If a dependent student, the student must know or have the parental date of marriage/divorce, date of residency, birth dates, and parental Social Security numbers.
- If an orphan or ward of the court, the student must submit documentation.
- If the student or parents have stocks, bonds, CDs, trust fund, real estate, partnerships, etc., please have the net value (fair market value – debt = net value) of each.
- Student and parent e-mail addresses.
No mailed, e-mailed, or faxed copies of the above items can be accepted by the Financial Aid Help Center. All documentation must be supplied by the student at the time of the appointment.
Speed up your financial aid processing by using the IRS
This brief tutorial shows you step-by-step instructions for how to submit corrections on your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
The Financial Aid Help Center is located in Room C2406 in the General Studies Building on Northeast State’s main campus in Blountville. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.