*Financially supported by Student Activity Fees
You are cordially invited to celebrate Northeast State Community College's Class of 2017 Graduates during their Commencement Ceremony.
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- 7:00 p.m.
- Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center - ETSU Mini-Dome
- 1081 John Robert Bell Dr, Johnson City, TN 37601
The 2017 spring commencement program will be available in digital PDF form approximately one week prior to the ceremony. Hard copies will be available on the night of the ceremony.
- Entrance: Jack Vest Drive on State of Franklin. Alternate entrance to parking garage will be closed
- Parking Garage: Parking is available in parking garage. Disabled parking is available on the 2nd floor.
- Parking Lots: Additional parking is available in these lots.
- Disability Drop-Off: This location is reserved for dropping off friends, family, and graduates with disabilities. Area is blocked off to general traffic.
Note: Please enter using the Jack Vest Drive entrance located on W. State of Franklin Road. It is letter A in the map pictured.
Map of Parking and Seating
- Due to the limited number of disabled seats available at the ETSU Mini-Dome, disabled individuals are encouraged to use general seating; if possible. General seating is accessible to guests with disabilities by the ramps on the west side of the Mini-Dome. General seating
offers an unobstructed view of the stage and allows all members of a party to be seated together.
- Limited disabled seating is available at the floor for individuals who cannot negotiate the ramps or have a disability which would prevent them from accessing the general seating area. Due to the limited number of seats at the floor level disability area, only people with special
needs and up to TWO other family members are allowed access. Please respect the rights of the disabled.
- Guest requesting seating in the disabled area should be seated no later than 6:45.
- Guests should unload on the west side of the Mini-Dome. Police/Security officers will direct you.
- Once inside the Mini-Dome, follow the signs for the disabled seating area.
- Ushers will be available to seat you.
NOTE: Due to the disabled seating area located below stage level, visibility is somewhat limited.
- To obtain assistance, please present this letter to the police officer located at Area 1 on the map printed on the reverse side of this form.
- Due to the limited number of disabled parking spaces, you are strongly encouraged to drop off the individual with a disability on the west side of the Mini-Dome and park your vehicle in general parking, if possible.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Our goal is for everyone to enjoy this special evening.
The processional and recessional of students and faculty dressed in academic regalia is a traditional part of these commencement exercises. This history of academic dress goes back to the medieval universities. In the 12th and 13th centuries, when universities were taking form, they were under the jurisdiction of the church. Those studying wore a habit or a cloak to which was attached a cowl or hood. This could be pulled up over the head or thrown back, according to weather conditions. Later, the gown served the dual purpose of providing warmth in the unheated halls as well as uniformity of dress.
Please Note: Students are required to wear their graduation cap, gown, and other graduation regalia. Students may pick up their cap and gown in the Office of Admissions and Records beginning in late March. Students will receive an email notification with the date they will be available for pick up.
- Office of Admissions and Records
- Room P205, Pierce Administration Building
- Blountville Campus
PhotoGenius will be providing individual cap and gown portraits for any graduate prior to the graduating ceremony. These will be taken from 4:00 - 6:00 before graduation on a background with studio lighting to provide a professional quality portrait. Graduates will be able to view portraits at time of sitting
and also at photogenius.org after graduation. You may purchase your individual cap and gown portraits at this time or online. If you would like a proof to be mailed to your home address, there will be a $5.00 sitting fee. Proofs and order forms will be mailed to each graduate's home address. If you
have any questions, please call: 1.276.386.2547.
- Must arrive by 4:45 p.m. if you would like pictures
Each individual graduate will be photographed while walking across stage during ceremony.
Do I need to attend a rehearsal prior to the main ceremony?
No. Northeast State does not have a rehearsal. Please arrive early and you will receive instructions from staff.
How many guests can I have attend?
There is no limit on guests and admission is free to the public.
Do I have to attend the
While participation is not mandatory, we encourage all graduating students to attend. This is a time for you, along with your family and friends, to celebrate your accomplishment.
Will I receive my diploma at
the graduation ceremony?
Diplomas are not distributed at the commencement ceremony. Diplomas for fall, spring, and summer will be available for pick up in the Office of Admissions and Records approximately 4-6 weeks following each graduation semester. Email notifications will be sent to
students with the date diplomas will be available.
Does my participation in the
ceremony mean that I have been awarded a degree or certificate?
Attending the commencement ceremony in no way confirms official graduation. All program requirements must be completed before the credential can be placed on your transcript or diploma.