Important Graduation Information!
When is graduation?
- The graduation ceremony will take place Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 7:00pm at East Tennessee State University’s Mountain States Health Alliance Athletic Center (Mini-Dome).
What time do I need to arrive?
- All graduates must report to the main floor of the Mini Dome by 5:45pm on May 12th.
How will I know what to do?
- You will receive your graduate information card when you arrive. You can pick up this card behind the graduation stage near the glass windows.
- You will then be directed to the appropriate area to line up and receive instructions for the ceremony.
- There is no practice.
Will there be a photographer on site?
- If you wish to have an individual picture taken prior to the ceremony, a photographer will be available from 4:30pm-5:45pm.
Are there disability accommodations?
- Graduates and/or guests with disabilities who require accommodations such as special seating arrangements or interpreter services must make requests through the Center for Students with Disabilities at 423-354-2476 or Room C1102.
Where do I park?
- Pay close attention to the ETSU Campus Map that shows available parking for the event and the pedestrian walkway to the West Side of the Mini Dome. Entrance to the parking garage is off State of Franklin to Jack Vest Drive (stoplight by Ruby Tuesdays). Please note: permission for drop-off for persons with disabilities must be arranged through the Center for Students with Disabilities at 423-354-2476 or Room C1102.
Is attendance mandatory?
- While attendance at the commencement ceremony is encouraged, it is not mandatory. If you do not wish to attend the ceremony, no action is required on your part.
Are tickets required for guests? Is there a limit on the number of guests each student can invite?
- Commencement is not a ticketed event. Graduates can invite unlimited number of guests.
Don’t forget to pick up your graduation cap & gown if you have not yet done so!
Picking up your Cap & Gown
Caps & Gowns may be picked up in Admissions and Records (P205) during normal operating business hours. Students may also obtain honors medallions if applicable.**
**Honors Medallions will be awarded based on the cumulative GPA as of the end of the Fall 2014 term.**
- Graduation regalia will be given to students who graduated Fall 2014 or have applied to graduate in either Spring 2015 or Summer 2015.
- There is no charge for your cap & gown!
- Be sure to try on your regalia to ensure a proper fit or trade in for a different size.
- Students listed their cap & gown size on the graduation application. However, if you did not list a size please inform the staff.
When will I get my Diploma?
- Diplomas are not distributed at the commencement ceremony. Instead, diplomas are mailed to the permanent address we have on file approximately 4 weeks after graduation.
Please contact the college Registrar for additional questions or concerns.