The community of scholars at Northeast State Community College is committed to the development of personal and academic excellence. The essence of a college is the pursuit, dissemination, and application of knowledge, and members of this community should engage vigorously in the College’s academic life. As voluntary members of the College Community, students are expected to act with civility toward others in the community.
In order to foster and promote an educational environment conducive to the College’s
Mission, students at Northeast State are expected to:
- Commit themselves to learning and the pursuit of higher education;
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in scheduled classes;
- Conduct themselves with personal and academic integrity;
- Respect the rights and dignity of all members of the College Community;
- Discourage bigotry and encourage tolerance while striving to learn from differences in people, ideas and opinions;
- Refrain from and discourage behaviors that threaten the freedom and respect that every individual deserves;
- Participate in the broad educational experience available to all members of the College Community through College sponsored cultural events and other educational activities
- Observe prescribed procedures and schedules for academic advisement, registration, and advancement in a chosen program of study;
- Observe all rules and regulations, including those designed to ensure and promote
safety and security on the Northeast State campus;
- Use, as necessary, various College services available to students for assistance with academic, health, career, financial, emotional and other concerns; and
- Assist the College in evaluation of its programs and services and conscientiously participate in evaluations, surveys and periodic comprehensive examinations.
Institutional disciplinary measures shall be imposed, through appropriate due procedures, for conduct that adversely affects the College’s pursuit of its educational objectives, that violates or shows a disregard for the rights of other members of the academic community, or that endangers property or persons on property owned or controlled by Northeast State. The Vice President for Student Affairs is charged with investigating complaints.
Northeast State’s institutional policy statement on
Student Conduct and Disciplinary Sanctions is NeSCC Policy
03:05:02. Students may comment on institutional programs and services by submitting written
Student Comments to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Comments may include complaints, compliments or suggestions for improving College services. A
final grade appeal is possible when a student believes he or she has received an incorrect final grade.