Alumni, Graduate Now! is a new program designed to help you earn your Northeast State degree.
Did you leave Northeast State without officially graduating? If so, the Northeast State National Alumni Association has good news to share with its members who did not complete certificates or associate degrees during their initial enrollments at the College.
In 2005, the Tennessee Board of Regents reduced the number of credits required for an associate degree and eliminated several course requirements that may have blocked your graduation when you were enrolled previously. This means that if you earned 60 or more college-level credit hours at Northeast State without graduating, you may be eligible to graduate just by submitting the Application for Graduation. Program and credit hour requirements for a specific major must be complete within the 60 earned hours to qualify. There is more good news... Northeast State no longer charges a fee to graduate. That's right! Simply complete and submit the Application for Graduation by the published deadline date for each semester and GRADUATE!
Students completing 45 or more college-level credit hours without graduating from the College may be eligible to graduate if you transfer class credit back to Northeast State from another college or university. Request that an official transcript from your transfer school be sent to Northeast State and submit the Application for Graduation by the published deadline date for each semester and GRADUATE!
Alumni with less than 60 college-level credit hours and no transfer credit should contact Alumni Affairs for a referral to the Student Success Center. An academic plan to help you earn your degree can be designed to fit your needs and work schedule.
Why graduate now? We understand that you have moved on to the workforce and/or graduated from a transfer institution, but additional academic credentials can never hurt. A degree from Northeast State will validate the dedicated time and effort you gave to the College and enhance your resume. Plus, participation in the annual May commencement ceremony is not required. You can walk or you can have your diploma mailed to you.
To earn your Northeast State degree:
- Request an Application for Graduation from the Office of Scholarship Programs and Alumni Affairs (Room F100) by calling 423.279.7637 or e-mailingrjgibbs@NortheastState.edu. You can also pick up an application in the Admissions and Records office (Room P204) on the main campus or from one of Northeast State's off-campus sites. The application is available online.
- Complete the Application for Graduation and submit it to Alumni Affairs by the published deadline date for graduation applications each semester. Your application will be forwarded to the Registrar's office for a degree audit, and you will be contacted with additional graduation information.
- Provide an official sealed transcript from all accredited institutions you have attended since leaving Northeast State. The transcript(s) can be mailed directly to Admissions and Records or may be submitted with the Application for Graduation to Alumni Affairs.
- Register for the ETS Proficiency Profile exit exam online or contact Testing Services at 423.323.0211 if you need assistance registering for this computerized test. The exit exam is administered at the Blountville campus in the Testing Center (Room C2406). Completion of the ETS Proficiency Profile is a requirement for graduation that cannot be waived unless you have an earned associate or bachelor's degree from another institution as notated on the transcripts submitted with your Application for Graduation .
- Complete any Field Test that may be required by your academic program area. Field Tests are requirements for graduation that may be administered by academic departments on a cyclical basis.
Now, you're a Northeast State graduate!
|Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the Graduation Application.
Click the following icon to download it for free: