From The Office Of Police and Safety
Make sure you don't fall victim to crime by observing the following safety tips:
- Lock your vehicle.
- Do not post signs on your car saying where you are or when you will return.
- Make it tough for someone to take you by surprise, don't wear headphones.
- Walk in areas that are well traveled and lit.
- Mark your books so you can identify them if stolen.
- Don't leave any valuables (books, backpacks, etc.) unattended.
- Walk with a friend to your vehicle.
- Have your car key in your hand as you walk to your vehicle.
- Ask campus police or a faculty member to escort you to your vehicle after dark.
- Head toward an occupied building or crowds and notify security/law enforcement if you feel you are being followed.
- Check underneath and inside your vehicle before entering.
- Trust your instincts! If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, notify campus police.
Please remember to have your hangtag properly displayed while on any Northeast State campus.
The office of Police and Safety is here to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 423.323.0255 (off campus) or x3255 (on the main campus).