IT Help Desk
High School Programs
High School Transition
Counseling & Testing Services
The Learning Center
What Every College Bound Student Should Know
The Learning Center
Dual Enrollment Grant
Ed & Grow Scholarship
Online Fee Payment
College Now FAQ
Schedule a Campus Visit
Terms and Definitions
– the umbrella name for College programs delivered to and for high school students.
– An official approved agreement that matches coursework between schools that is designed to help students make a smooth transition when transferring between institutions (community college to four-year college or university, technology center to community college, or high school to community college.) Students may “articulate” or earn dual credit in either academic or technical coursework.
– the level of knowledge and skills needed to successfully complete most credit-bearing college courses; the level or proficiency needed for entry-level work-readiness programs that require at least a high school diploma.
COMPASS (Computerized Assessment and Support System)
– A computerized standardized placement test designed to assist the institution in placing students in the basic skills areas of writing, reading, and mathematics. Testing time is individualized.
– Concurrent high school and college enrollment; enrolled student earns both high school and college credit.
– Concurrent high school and college enrollment; enrolled student earns college credit only.
More Northeast State Terms & Definitions
Office of Academic Computing
TBR Community Colleges
Apply for Admission
2425 Highway 75
PO Box 246
Blountville, Tennessee 37617-0246
Phone: 423.323.3191 or 800.836.7822
Campus Alert System.
Receive school delay and closure announcements as well as updates / campus-wide emergency alerts on your cell phone and via email
Northeast State Community College is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, or status as a covered veteran, or genetic information in its programs and activities
Full Non-Discrimination Policy
2013 Northeast State. All Rights Reserved. Report violations