IT Help Desk
High School Programs
High School Transition
Counseling & Testing Services
The Learning Center
What Every College Bound Student Should Know
The Learning Center
Dual Enrollment Grant
Ed & Grow Scholarship
Online Fee Payment
Schedule a Campus Visit
Terms and Definitions
– the umbrella name for College programs delivered to and for high school students.
– An official approved agreement that matches coursework between schools that is designed to help students make a smooth transition when transferring between institutions (community college to four-year college or university, technology center to community college, or high school to community college.) Students may “articulate” or earn dual credit in either academic or technical coursework.
– the level of knowledge and skills needed to successfully complete most credit-bearing college courses; the level or proficiency needed for entry-level work-readiness programs that require at least a high school diploma.
COMPASS (Computerized Assessment and Support System)
– A computerized standardized placement test designed to assist the institution in placing students in the basic skills areas of writing, reading, and mathematics. Testing time is individualized.
– Concurrent high school and college enrollment; enrolled student earns both high school and college credit.
– Concurrent high school and college enrollment; enrolled student earns college credit only.
More Northeast State Terms & Definitions
Office of Academic Computing
TBR Community Colleges
Apply for Admission
2425 Highway 75
PO Box 246
Blountville, Tennessee 37617-0246
Phone: 423.323.3191 or 800.836.7822
Campus Alert System.
Receive school delay and closure announcements as well as updates / campus-wide emergency alerts on your cell phone and via email
Northeast State Community College does not discriminate against students, employees or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a covered veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities.
Full Non-Discrimination Policy
2013 Northeast State. All Rights Reserved. Report violations