- Early advising and priority registration dates for current students can be found in the Registration Guide which is located on our web site. Get the classes you want, when you want and where you want by taking advantage of priority registration!
- Be sure to get a copy of the Academic Calendar each semester. It has important dates and deadlines such as drop/add, withdrawal, payment of tuition and fees, submission of graduation applications, etc. Academic Calendars are located in the online Registration Guide.
- Become familiar with the College’s online catalog which includes the course requirements for your major. These can be found under the Academic Programs/Curriculum Guides link.
- Meet with your academic advisor before registering for next semester’s classes. They will be able to assist you in selecting the right courses for your major.
- Schedule your classes to match your personality. If you are not a morning person, do not take an 8:00 a.m. class. If you need or prefer traditional classroom instruction, do not take an online or video course. Set yourself up for success!
- Northeast State does not mail out bills. You may obtain your bill summary through your MyNortheast account and the date your fees are due. To help meet educational expenses, Northeast State offers NSB QuickPay, a convenient payment plan.
- Keep your class syllabus. It’s your instructor’s contract with you.
- Communicate with your professors. They can be instrumental in helping you succeed. You may need a letter of recommendation some day and if you know your professor it makes it easier to ask them.
- Be on time for classes. If you’re unable to attend a class, contact your professor.
- Keep the Office of Admissions & Records up to date with your current mailing address, phone number and email address. If you don’t, your access to your MyNortheast account may be blocked.
- If you need to verify your enrollment, request a copy of your transcript, change your major or drop a class stop by the Office of Admissions & Records.
- If you’re unsure about what to major in, stop by the Student Success Center in C2407, General Studies Building. Their professional advisors can help you find the major that best fits you.
- Financial aid is an ongoing process. You should apply for financial aid each year you plan to be in college at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to apply early. Priority deadline is March 1st.
- Apply for scholarships for each year you plan to be in college. There are numerous sources that offer scholarships, including Northeast State. For more information, stop by office C2107 in the Faculty Office Building.
- Establish a study schedule. Getting into a study routine early on will help you meet the academic challenges of college and make effective use of your time.
If you have any questions, stop by the Student Information Center or call 423.323.0243.