Jump Start Advanced Studies Program
Home School Student's Admission Documentation
Home school students in this program will complete all Northeast State admission requirements and program entrance requirements (with the exception of the high school diploma) prior to enrolling in college classes.
Program Entrance Requirements
- Students must have junior or senior standing in high school.
- Students must submit a Northeast State application for admission with an application fee and provide a high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
- Students enrolling in general education courses (English composition, history, psychology, etc.) or in courses requiring English or reading as prerequisites must have an ACT sub-score of 18 in English and 19 reading. Students enrolling in selected math course(s) or courses requiring math as a prerequisite must have a minimum ACT sub-score of 19. Students completing the SAT must have a SAT composite score of 920 with minimum scores of 460 in math and 460 verbal.
- Students seeking to enroll in technical education courses must consult with Northeast State's assistant vice president of Evening and Distance Education prior to enrolling.
- Courses must be chosen by the student in consultation with the principal and the assistant vice president of Evening and Distance Education.
- Students may not enroll in more than 12-credit hours per semester without approval of the assistant vice president for Evening and Distance Education.
- Exceptions to the above criteria must be approved by the vice president for Academic Affairs.
The following information is required to complete your student application file:
- Northeast State Application - $10.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Signed Transcript Request Form
- Provide Official Copy of High School Transcript
- Provide Approval Letter from Principal of Umbrella School - Stating courses to be taken
- Provide Official Copy of ACT or SAT Scores
- Complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Form
- Complete the Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Provide Proof of Two Doses of the MMR Immunization
- Academic Qualification Verification Form
Contact Gwen Widner, Coordinator, Dual Enrollment Programs for advisement and enrollment process at jgwidner@NortheastState.edu, 423.354.2586 / 423.354.2505 or contact Shelby McKenzie at swmckenzie@NortheastState.edu, 423.354.5186.