Rationale for Policy: Due to pre-determined admittance numbers and limited clinical availability, nursing has specific admission criteria, and application does not guarantee admission to the program. A student desiring to pursue the associate of applied science degree in Nursing must complete the Nursing Application Process as outlined below.
Please note a student must complete all steps as directed in the "Prior to Applying to the A.A.S. Nursing Program" before completing the following steps:
- Complete all forms required for the Nursing Application packet.
- A student with college credit hours or coursework at institutions other than Northeast State must provide official, unopened copies of transcripts to both the Admissions Office and also to the division of Nursing as instructed in the application packet.
- A student with college credit hours or coursework at Northeast State must attach copies of his/her official, unopened Northeast State transcripts with the Nursing Application.
- Students, who have had course work transferred into Northeast State must attach copies of his/her official, unopened Northeast State transcripts showing transfer credit applied with the Nursing Application.
- A copy of the required entrance test scores must be provided with the application.
- The completed application must be mailed for submission with all requested documents enclosed. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
- Application packets must be submitted as a complete packet with all copies and forms submitted at the same time.
- Applications must be received at the designated location by the deadline date and time.Applications that are incomplete or past the submission date/time will NOT be considered.
The summer 2013 application for fall 2013 acceptance will be loaded to this page in the spring of 2013. If you have any questions, please send them to nursingmail@NortheastState.edu.