Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Northeast State Community College’s STEM program is an effort to address the growing, national need for increased interest and enrollment in the STEM areas of study. For many years, Northeast State has participated in partnerships to recruit students to these and other academic areas of study.
Now, in response to national and local workforce needs as well as a statewide Tennessee initiative, Northeast State is focused on efforts to provide opportunities in STEM areas and/or create interest in these areas. STEM coursework is now available to area high school students at Northeast State's main campus and off-campus teaching sites. Other efforts and strategies are being developed through regional partnerships to provide more STEM opportunities for qualified students.
Students interested in STEM related coursework will be required to complete the Northeast State application process as listed below:
• Complete Northeast State Application and submit a $10.00 non-refundable application fee
• Provide official high school transcript
• Provide approval letter from principal of umbrella school stating courses to be taken (home school students only)
• Provide official copy of ACT or SAT scores to determine eligibility
• Complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Form
• Complete the Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
• Complete the Chicken Pox Immunization Requirements Form
• Complete an Academic Qualification Verification Form
For more information regarding the STEM effort at Northeast State please contact:
Dr. Pashia Hogan
Interim Assistant Vice President, Evening and Distance Education