GED® the next step for your future
Tomorrow’s world demands education. For 70 years, the GED® test has provided a powerful second chance for millions of adults worldwide. Are you interested in a new job, career, or college classes? Then, take the next step for your future? Take the GED® test.
WHY TAKE THE TEST?
The GED® testing program is the only high school equivalency credential recognized by all 50 states. Everyone deserves a chance to have a job they enjoy and the education they want. As an official GED® Testing Center, Northeast State is committed to turning your dreams into a reality.
PREPARING FOR THE GED®
The first step toward pursuing a GED® diploma is to contact an Adult Education Center for information about their GED® classes. GED classes are free! Qualified instructors will assist applicants in preparing for the GED® . An Adult Education Center is located in every county. (Northeast State does not offer GED® classes.) Applicants must take the GED® Official Practice Test, then the next step is to schedule a test date. The GED® test is available in two formats; paper-and-pencil or the new computerized version.
PAPER-AND-PENCIL GED® TEST
- The cost of the paper-and-pencil GED® test is $65/$13 per exam. The fee and the GED®Registration Form are required five business days prior to the scheduled testing day.
- Score results are usually available within two weeks
- Students may retest two more times per calendar year.
Paper-and Pencil GED®test available the following dates:
January 23 & 31
|February 20 & 28
|March 20 & 28
|April 17 & 25
|May 15 & 30
|June 13 & 19
|July 17 & 18
Contact GED@NortheastState.edu for the GED®Registration Form.
- Registration and fee payment is online for the computer based GED test.Online Registration (www.GEDcomputer.com).
- The cost for the online, computer-based GED®test is $120/$24 per exam. Paying the fee is a part of the registration process and it must be paid by credit/debit card. Students are encouraged to split up their tests into two or more testing days.
- Online score results are available after testing, with the exception of the essay. The essay results will take up to three to five business days. Examinees are encouraged to take their writing test on the first day of testing.
- May retest five more times during the calendar year.
The computer based GED®test is available most Mondays and Wednesday mornings on the Blountville campus. Registration is available at www.GEDcomputer.com.
GED© and the GED Testing Service© are registered trademarks of the American Council on Educationand may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.