Applying to the Associate of Applied Science Nursing Degree Program
An applicant desiring to pursue the associate of applied science degree in Nursing must complete the Nursing Application Process as outlined below. All steps in the “Nursing Program Enrollment Requirements” must be finalized before completing the following steps:
Rationale for Policy: Due to pre-determined admittance numbers and limited clinical availability, nursing has specific admission criteria, and application does not guarantee admission to this program. An applicant desiring to pursue the associate of applied science degree in Nursing must:
- Complete all forms required in the Nursing Application packet.
- For applicants who have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours of coursework required for the associate of applied science degree nursing program -
- To the Northeast StateAdmissions Office: provide official, unopened copies of transcripts which includes any college credit hours or coursework that has been completed at institutions other than Northeast State.
- With the Nursing Application packet: include an official, unopened copy of Northeast State transcript showing any transfer credit.
- For applicants with less than 12 credit hours of coursework required for the associate of applied science degree nursing program - provide copy of ACT scores.
- Provide a copy of the required entrance test scores with the application reflecting English Language Comprehensive Score, Science Comprehensive Score, and Math.
- Mail the nursing application enclosing all requested documents in the same envelope. (Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.) Noting the following:
- Application packets must be submitted as a complete packet with all copies and forms submitted at the same time.
- Applications must be received at the designated location by the deadline date and time. Applications that are incomplete or past the submission date and/or time will not be considered.
For those applying to the LPN to RN option, documentation of a current, active LPN license must be provided with the nursing application.