International Education Committee’s Purpose
The International Education Committee shall assist the college in establishing its international education program and promoting cultural understanding at Northeast State Community College.
The international fee collected from each student each semester shall assist the college in establishing its international education program and promoting cultural understanding at Northeast State Community College. The International Education Committee shall oversee the distribution of funds collected from the international fee, which shall be used to
- Promote diversity and cultural awareness with an emphasis on campus globalization;
- Facilitate students success in and completion of student learning outcomes through high impact practices;
- Support professional development related to international education for campus constituencies.
Faculty, staff, and student groups may apply for international education funds through the committee. For the 2019-20 fiscal year, these funds will be allocated in the following areas:
- Campus Globalization, including co-curricular activities, curriculum development, and professional development related to international education for campus constituencies;
- Global Outreach, linking community international activities with the college;
- Education Away, providing in-country student away trips pertaining to international education.
Upcoming International Education Programming
Interested in applying for funds for an international-related event or project? Apply here!
Looking for ideas to develop international programming? Check out these campus internationalization resources!
Curious about participating in study abroad as a student or faculty member? Follow this link –
- to discover opportunities through the Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS), the statewide study abroad program for TBR.
Benefits of Study Abroad