A one-stop shop for receiving assistance with admissions, advising, financial aid, and more!
We Can Help With...
Advisors available for assisting with the following:
- Admissions and Records
- Financial Aid
Or click the
icon in the the bottom right to Chat Now!
- Elizabethton (coming soon...)
- Johnson City (coming soon...)
- Kingsport (coming soon...)
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- You can apply for financial aid by completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at
www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you are submitting a FAFSA for the first time you will need to first create an Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID before submitting your FAFSA application. Please visit [fsaid.ed.gov]fsaid.ed.gov to create or manage your FSA ID.
- How can I check to see what is missing for financial aid?
- To view your financial aid status you may login to your MyNortheast account and click the following links: Financial Aid, Eligibility, then select the appropriate aid year (i.e. select 2020-2021 for the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021 terms). If you are required to satisfy any outstanding requirements those items will be listed here.
- How often do I have to reapply for financial aid?
- Students must reapply for financial aid on a yearly basis. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens each year on October 1st and Financial Aid encourages you to apply as early as possible as some state and federal funds are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- When will I get my financial aid? And how?
- Financial Aid is generally disbursed to student accounts on the census date for each term which is roughly 14 days after the semester starts. Once aid is disbursed it will apply towards your account balance. Any excess aid after all tuition and fees are paid is sent to students as a refund once attendance has been confirmed in all classes. If attendance confirmation has been received, refunds are generally sent out a few days after disbursement.
- How can I request my transcript?
- Electronic transcript requests are through the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcript requests utilizing this method: are free of charge to students*, provide tracking information, and are sent to recipient schools in less than one hour.
*Transcripts sent to participating institutions within the Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX) network are transmitted at no cost for Transcript Ordering participants