Disruptive Behavior Safety Information
Assistance for Faculty
You have the right to teach in an environment free from class disruptions.
In situations of disruptive behavior, you can order the temporary removal or exclusion from the classroom of any student engaged in disruptive conduct or conduct that violates the general policies of the institution for each class session during which the conduct occurs.
If the student does not comply, contact the Campus Police at 423.677.7927.
Assistance for Students
You have the right to learn in an environment free from class disruptions.
In situations of disruptive behavior, express your concerns to your instructor first.
If needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or for urgent matters contact the Campus Police at 423.677.7927.
Behaviors of Concern
Behaviors of concern affecting an individual’s well-being, the well-being of others, or the welfare of campus may be referred to the College’s Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (BITA) Committee.
Notify the BITA Committee using the below link if you notice anything related to:
- Disruptive, Belligerent, or Inappropriate Behavior
- Impairment of Thoughts
- Lack of Anger Management or Overly Aggressive Behavior
- Low Frustration Tolerance or Overreaction to Circumstances
- Notable Change in Behavior, Appearance, or Emotional Reactions
- Verbal or Written References to Violence, Harm to Self, or Harm to Others
- Violation of the Student Code of Conduct
Behaviors of Concern Reporting Form
This form is for use by students, faculty, and staff only.