Enroll - Persist - Graduate
We are taking applications for the 2022-23 academic year.
Welcome to Northeast State Community College’s Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Program. Contact Kerrie Hall, CCAMPIS Coordinator at
CCAMPIS@NortheastState.edu for more information.
Click the button below to begin the application process. Save the completed form to your device, then attach it to your email and submit to
CCAMPIS is a federally funded grant that provides eligible Northeast State student parents with childcare subsidies and coaching services to licensed providers that deliver childcare services, focusing primarily on full-day care for infants through pre-school ages. A sliding fee scale is used to determine student parent cost to the provider. Northeast State does not provide on-site or drop-off child care services.
Student Parent Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible (infant through preschool) dependent child(ren)
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Pell Grant eligible as determined by FAFSA
- Enrolled in degree or certificate program
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Attend CCAMPIS Orientation
Preference given to student parents:
- Date of completed application packet
- Unmet need for full-time childcare assistance
- Enrolled full-time (12 credits)
To remain eligible, student parents must:
- Meet regularly with CCAMPIS Coordinator
- Submit Class Attendance Verification
- Meet with academic advisor at least once per semester
- Develop guided pathway (academic plan)
- Remain in good academic standing with financial aid
- Participate in at least one parent training opportunity per semester
- Utilize coaching services
- Complete evaluation of their program, care and personal experience
- Be in accordance with childcare center policies
Funds are limited and not everyone who applies receives an award. Student parents may be placed on a waiting list. Student parents who have earned bachelor's degrees are not eligible to apply.
Northeast State developed a sliding fee schedule based on the student parent’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by FAFSA. Subsidies will be calculated as a percentage of the fee for which the student parent is responsible. The parent fee is determined by the
childcare center after all other sources of aid are applied (social services, provider-sponsored discounts, etc.).
Sliding Fee Scale for CCAMPIS Subsidies
|Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
||CCAMPIS Subsidy (% of Parent Fee Owed as Determined by Childcare Center) |
|0 – 1999
|2000 – 3999
|4000 – 5846 *or maximum Pell Grant EFC
CCAMPIS funds are provided for the fall and spring semesters and during winter break. Summer subsidies may be available. All subsidies are provided directly to the childcare center. Student fees are paid by the student directly to the childcare center in accordance to their policies. Students are responsible for
all other center fees (application, supplies, field trips, late fees, etc.).
CCAMPIS subsidies cannot be used to hold/reserve childcare slots.
- Meet the Tennessee Department of Human Services (TNDHS) definition of “daycare center”, which offers care to thirteen or more children
- Licensed childcare center by TNDHS, with a 2 or 3-Star Quality rating
- Have a signed partnering agreement on file with Northeast State Community College
A list of childcare centers can be found at
A childcare center’s Quality rating status and compliance history report should always be verified through the TNDHS website.
State of Tennessee Department of Human Services – Child Care Services and other important parent information can be found at
Before subsidies are provided, student parents and childcare providers:
- Must sign a participant agreement stipulating that they understand program eligibility and performance requirements, as well the policies and procedures of the childcare center.
Contact Kerrie Hall, CCAMPIS Coordinator,
at 423.354.5273 or email
CCAMPIS@NortheastState.edu for more information. The office is located in Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus.
Download and print CCAMPIS information.
Contact Counseling Services at 423.323.0211 or email
counseling@NortheastState.edu. The office is located in Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus.