Enroll - Persist - Graduate
We are taking applications for the 2020-21 academic year.
Welcome to Northeast State Community College’s Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Program. Please contact Kurt Schmidt, CCAMPIS Coordinator at CCAMPIS@northeaststate.edu for more information.
CCAMPIS is a federally funded grant that provides eligible Northeast State student parents with childcare subsidies and coaching services to licensed providers that deliver childcare services, focusing primarily on full-day care for infants through pre-school ages. A sliding fee scale will be used to determine student parent cost to the provider.
Student Parent Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible (infant through preschool) dependent child(ren)
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with EFC below 10,000
- Pell Grant eligible as determined by FAFSA
- Enrolled in degree or certificate program
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Attend CCAMPIS Orientation
Preference given to student parents:
- Date of completed application packet
- Unmet need for full-time childcare assistance
- Enrolled full-time (12 credits)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 for previously enrolled students
To remain eligible, student parents must:
- Meet regularly with CCAMPIS Coordinator
- Submit Class Attendance Verification form
- Meet with academic advisor at least once per semester
- Develop guided pathway (academic plan)
- Remain in good academic standing with financial aid
- Participate in at least one parent training opportunity per semester
- Utilize coaching services
- Complete evaluation of their program, care and personal experience
- Be in accordance with childcare center policies
Funds are limited and not everyone who applies receives an award. Student parents may be placed on a waiting list. Student parents who have earned bachelor's degrees are not eligible to apply.
Northeast State has developed a sliding fee schedule based on the student parent’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by FAFSA. Subsidies will be calculated as a percentage of the fee for which the student parent is responsible. The parent fee will be determined by the
childcare center after other sources of aid are applied (social services, provider-sponsored discounts, etc.).
Sliding Fee Scale for CCAMPIS Subsidies
|Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
||CCAMPIS Subsidy (% of Parent Fee Owed as Determined by Childcare Center) |
|0 – 1999
|2000 – 3999
|4000 – 5999
|6000 – 7999
|8000 – 9999
CCAMPIS funds will be provided for the fall and spring semesters and during winter break. Summer subsidies may be available. All subsidies are provided directly to the childcare center. Student fees are paid by the student directly to the childcare center in accordance to their policies. Students are responsible for
all other center fees (application, supplies, field trips, late fees, etc.).
CCAMPIS subsidies cannot be used to hold/reserve childcare slots.
- Meet the Tennessee Department of Human Services (TNDHS) definition of “daycare center”, which offers care to thirteen or more children
- Licensed childcare center by TNDHS, with a 2 or 3-Star Quality rating
- Have a signed partnering agreement on file with Northeast State Community College
The CCAMPIS Coordinator will have a list of rated childcare centers that have a signed partnering agreement with Northeast State. A listing of childcare centers can be found through the TNDHS website at
A childcare center’s Quality rating status and compliance history report should always be verified through the TNDHS website.
State of Tennessee Department of Human Services – Child Care Services and other important parent information can be found at
Before subsidies are provided, student parents:
- Must attend a joint session with the CCAMPIS Coordinator and childcare center director to sign a participant agreement stipulating that they understand program eligibility and performance requirements, as well the policies and procedures of the childcare center.
Contact Kurt Schmidt, CCAMPIS Coordinator, at 423.354.5273 or email
CCAMPIS@NortheastState.edu for more information. The office is located in Room C2112 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. Download and print CCAMPIS information
Contact Counseling and Testing Services at 423.323.0211 or email
counseling@NortheastState.edu. The office is located in Room C2101 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus.