Make-Up Test Policy
By appointment ONLY with Instructor's approval.
Questions? Email testing@Northeaststate.edu.
Department of Testing Services
Office: C2301 General Studies Building, Blountville Campus
Testing Center Room: C2303, General Studies Building, Blountville Campus
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
2425 Highway 75, P.O. Box 246, Blountville, TN 37617
The Testing Center can accommodate any student who is unable to test in the classroom because of an accident, illness, or other excused absence from class. Students must have their instructor's permission before scheduling a test date. There are open computer labs with Respondus on the computers at each campus location for online class exams missed. The Testing Center can proctor paper-based and computer-based tests. However, the Testing Center cannot:
- Accommodate entire classes,
- Proctor tests for students who wish to raise their grade, or
- Proctor tests for students who just did not show up on the day of their exam.
Student Make-Up Test Scheduling Information
Photo ID is Required to Test
Students need to email testing@NortheastState.edu for an appointment AFTER instructor approval has been sent. Testing check-in is in Room C2303 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. For requests on the Kingsport campus, please email Barbara Clark at baclark@NortheastState.edu.
For more information, please contact Melissa Ramsey, Coordinator of Testing Services, in Room C2301 of the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus. Call 423.354.5358 or email
Instructors who would like a student to complete a paper-based test should:
- Complete the Make-Up Testing Form and attach it as a cover sheet to each exam for student identification purposes.
- Deliver the form(s) to the drop box outside the Testing Center, Room C2106 in the General Studies Building on the Blountville campus or email to testing@NortheastState.edu.
- The Testing Center staff will not be responsible for picking up exams. Completed exams will be scanned and emailed to the instructor.
- Unclaimed exams will be destroyed at the end of each semester.
Make-Up Test Form
Instructors who would like a student to complete a computer-based test at Blountville campus:
- Fill out the Computer-Based Make-Up Test Form.
- To log into the form, enter NES\ before your user name.
- Submit a separate form for each student authorized to take a computer-based make-up test.
- Submit the form online to Testing Services.
Make-Up Test Form
Testing times will be limited to the course time block (no untimed tests or extended time). Students who qualify for extended times should test in the Center for Students with Disabilities.