Important Weather-Related Information
For the most current information about weather-related class cancellations and/or campus closings, please check the Northeast State
homepage. Students also have the option to sign up for the
NeSCC Alert system and receive notifications via email and/or text message. Students may also monitor local TV and radio stations for announcements.
When weather conditions are questionable, but classes are not cancelled, students should consider safety a primary factor in determining attendance.
Note: Decisions that affect the regular schedule will be announced at approximately 6 a.m. for day classes and 4 p.m. for evening classes.
Cancellation of Classes
Administrative offices are open, but classes do not meet.
Closing of the College
Administrative offices are closed, and classes do not meet.
Alternative Schedule (Delay)
Classes will begin at the time announced by the local media and posted on Northeast State's Website under Weather.
The below information for the television stations represents the free airwaves channel numbers. Cable or satellite channel numbers for the stations may be different.
- Blountville - WGOC ( AM 640)
- Bristol - WCYB (Channel 5), WXBQ (FM 96.9)
- Elizabethton - WBEJ (AM 120)
- Erwin - WEMB (AM 1420)
- Greeneville - WIKQ (FM 103.1), WGRV (AM 1340)
- Johnson City - WJHL (Channel 11), WJCW (AM 910), WQUT (FM 101.5), WCQR (FM 88.3)
- Kingsport - WKPT (Channel 9), WTFM (FM 98.5), WKOS (FM 104.9), WKIN (AM 1320)
05:08:03 - Inclement Weather: Cancellation of Classes