Northeast State Staff Senate
Staff Senate Feedback Form
The Northeast State Staff Senate provides open discussion among its members on matters of concern to the College/student body/non-faculty staff and ensures open communication among staff members and between the staff and the senior leadership of the
College. The objectives of the Staff Senate are to:
- serve as a vehicle for ascertaining staff attitudes and expressions and for dissemination of these attitudes and expressions to the senior leadership.
- maintain through the president of the senate and the senate’s Executive Committee a direct line of communication to the senior leadership.
- promote better communication between staff and senior leadership, between staff and other staff, between staff and faculty, and between staff and students.
The membership shall be made up of full-time non-faculty staff members. Voting members will represent the following divisions/offices:
Staff Senate Members 2022-2023
- Academic Affairs - (2) members
- President's Office, Administration, Grant Development, and Advancement- (1) member
- Economic and Workforce Development - (2) members
- Finance and Information Technology - (2) members
- Institutional Excellence and Student Success - (3) members
- Safety, Security, and Plant Operations - (2) members
- One representative from the Faculty Senate
- Past-President of Staff Senate if no longer serving as a member
- One member from Human Resources to serve as a resource
The Executive Committee
- President -
Michelle Stanley, Assistant Director of Admissions and Records
- Vice President -
Anthony Adams, Client Services Computer Technician
- Secretary -
Jessica Fields, Executive Secretary for the Office of Institutional Excellence & Student Success
- Parliamentarian -
J. Mike Ramey, Evening Coordinator, KCHE
Staff Senate Members 22-23:
seated left to right: Anthony Adams, Michelle Stanley
standing left to right: Amanda Miller, Rayma Gibbs, Kathy Albright, Jessica Fields, Glenna Cullop, Randy Salyers, Randy Proffitt, Jo Starling, J. Mike Ramey, Bill Rambo, Matt Kitzmiller, Ashley Pierce
A Spring Celebration is in the works. More information coming soon!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at
staffsenate@NortheastState.edu or use our
Staff Senate Feedback Form. This form is anonymous but please feel free to leave your name and contact information so that we may contact you for further information.
Meeting minutes and town hall recordings can be accessed through our share drive \\polaris\StaffSenate. If you have any problems accessing, please contact Steve Nickols at
msnickols@NortheastState.edu or 423.354.2492 (ext. 3547).
Bear Hug Committee
This is a joint sub-committee of the Faculty and Staff senates. It is a community care type of committee that will acknowledge the life events of current and former employees of Northeast State Community College.
To do this, we need your help!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a member of the Northeast State community who needs a Bear Hug!
It can be a caring hug because they or a family member is sick or has passed away (pets are family members too!) or a happy hug because they have a new addition such as a new baby or grandbaby or they finished that degree they have been working on. Anything of note that you think they would appreciate a card from the Bear Hug committee is requested.
Contact the Bear Hug Committee