Financial Aid Help Center
Northeast State’s Financial Aid Help Center assists students in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. This assistance is offered to prospective students who have applied for admission to Northeast State as well as current students who are returning for additional terms.
The Center is located in C2406 on the Blountville Campus and is open Monday - Friday.
Appointments for FAFSA assistance are required. The Center is currently taking appointments for assistance with the 2021-2022 FAFSA and the 2022-2023 FAFSA.
What You Need to Bring to Appointment
In order to begin your FAFSA, you must determine if you are a dependent or independent student.
considered an independent student, you must meet at least ONE of the
- Be 24 years of age or older when you file
- Be an orphan or a ward of the court.
- Be a US military veteran or serving on active duty other than training.
- Be married.
- Have legal dependents of your own.
Items needed to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA:
- An FSA ID. If student is dependent, parent must also have an FSA ID. To create, go to
https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. It may also be obtained during the appointment. However, completing this step
before your appointment will allow more time to focus on your FAFSA application
during your appointment.
- If you are a dependent student, bring a copy of 2020 tax returns and W-2s for students and parents. If independent, bring a copy of 2020 tax returns and W-2s for student and/or spouse.
- List of all untaxed income received in the household, child support received and/or paid, VA disability, worker’s compensation, housing allowances, IRA accounts, etc.
- Social Security card.
- If a dependent student, the student must know or have the parental date of marriage/divorce, date of residency, birth dates, and parental Social Security numbers.
- If an orphan or ward of the court, the student must submit documentation.
- If the student or parents have stocks, bonds, CDs, trust fund, real estate, partnerships, etc., please have the net value (fair market value – debt = net value) of each.
- Student and parent e-mail addresses.
For assistance with the FAFSA, please email
All documentation must be supplied by the student at the time of the appointment.
Financial Aid Information